Couple Therapy Cologne: What does partnership actually mean?
Involving people in a happy couple has a significant impact on our general well-being and health.
In addition, the support we experience through a stable partnership is important in order to be able to better deal with crises in general, such as losing a job or perhaps strokes of fate.
Crises are also natural and necessary in the partnership itself. It is through these crises that we grow and strengthen our relationship with one another.
Special difficulties of a partnership
- How can we maintain the light-heartedness of our love, now that we are becoming parents?
- How do we deal with illness, how can we support each other?
- What does it mean for us to move in together, will we be able to deal with the “quirks” of the other? How do we unite different preferences in everyday life?
- Do I have to put my own needs aside to satisfy my partner?
- How do we deal with professional changes, e.g. an impending change of location?
- How do I manage not to let my work stress become too much part of my partnership?
- One or both partners will retire soon, how can we still inspire each other and gain new experiences?
Different phases of the relationship
- The beginning of a relationship is usually determined by a strong feeling of being in love, through which: “We will stay together forever”.
- After a while of getting used to it – standstill. We have the feeling to know our partner and his patterns inside and out and do not feel enriched by the other one so much
- After all, it is mainly the “unattractive” sides of the other that catch our attention, we focus on them and lose sight of exciting, new sides of the partner
- We fight for the relationship, spend a lot of energy, are afraid of losing our individuality in the process. But the many memories we share give us hope
- In this emotional chaos, various emotions are stirred up: “What do I expect from my life and is it even worth fighting for the relationship?
In order to manage crises successfully, both partners must first of all recognize what wishes and needs they have and become aware of their relationship patterns. Couples counseling can help to gain valuable insights. Only then can they learn to include the wishes of the other and at the same time develop their own identity. Couple counseling helps couples to experience the differences as valuable contributions and makes it possible, especially in long-term relationships, to rediscover the other person.
Use your privilege – to have a partner at your side and learn to use crises for instead of against you!
Arrange an initial consultation for couples counseling in our Cologne practice to find out where you stand and where you want to go! A couple counseling or couple therapy Cologne helps to experience the differences between two partners as valuable. Discover yourself and your partner anew.